OFC 2021: VIAVI Expands Fiber Leadership with Testing Solutions for High-Speed Networks from Lab and Production to the Field
Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAVI) will showcase this week a range of products engineered to simplify and accelerate high-speed network test across all phases of the network lifecycle including development and system verification, manufacturing, turn up and installation, and troubleshooting and monitoring. The new products highlight the VIAVI presence at OFC 2021, taking place virtually from June 6-11. Over 100 exhibitors will participate.
The introductions further enhance the industry’s most complete portfolio of test and measurement solutions for testing tomorrow’s networks in today’s lab, production, manufacturing, construction and monitoring environments, including 800G transmission and next-generation protocol testing. Highlights include:
- Continued commitment to simplifying the user experience with enhancements that make it easier to visualize and manage data on the MAP-300 platform, including an optical spectrum analysis module (mOSA)
- A live demonstration of the previously announced Wideband Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- Support for manufacturing the next generation of coherent modules by adding new enhancements to the VIAVI optical matrix switch and polarization management tools
- New productivity enhancements in the Optical Connectivity test suite and DWDM/WSS test platform, further reducing test times by 25-30%. In addition, VIAVI is expanding its test platform to support the latest very-small form factor, micro-duplex connectors
- Continued leadership and innovation in high-speed pluggables test with the release of the VIAVI ONT 800G FLEX XPM, targeted at the 800G ecosystem based on 100G SERDES
- Extended leadership in OTN testing with support for FlexO aggregation up to 800G and highspeed services like 400GE and 200GE inside OTUCn rates. The VIAVI ONT Optical Network Tester family is ready to address the test challenges for the next generation of silicon, modules and network elements
- Expanded capabilities for industry-leading remote fiber test and monitoring portfolio, including a new, patented, industry-first Flash Fiber Monitoring feature for ONMSi and SmartOTU software that enables operators to detect and locate a flash attenuation that causes network route flapping and burst network error conditions, iOTDR Micro and Nano cards that enable NEMs to integrate OTDR technology into their elements at a low price, with low power and a small footprint, and fiber network analytics using the NITRO BI Fiber Insight Platform for ONMSi that automate fiber diagnostics to proactively eliminate risks and create a prioritized network performance improvement action plan.
VIAVI will also be participating in two panel discussions:
- IEEE Future Networks INGR Optics Roadmap, with Dr. Reza Vaez-Ghaemi, Thursday, June 10, 2021, 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. (PDT)
- 400ZR Deployment and What’s Next – an OIF Update, with Dr. Paul Brooks, Friday, June 11, 2021, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (PDT).
In addition, five VIAVI products received Elite scores in the 2021 Lightwave Innovation Reviews:
- Optimeter, a last-mile FTTx test and certification intelligent optical fiber meter that performs full certification and troubleshooting of a fiber link in less than 1 minute (score 4.0)
- 800G FLEX DCO module, supporting all pluggable digital coherent optics, protocols, able to fully verify next-generation 100G-400G protocol systems with a single device (score 4.0)
- CleanBlastPRO next-generation fiber optic end-face cleaning system (score 4.0)
- The above-mentioned iOTDR Micro and Nano cards (score 4.0)
- StrataSync Test Process Automation Fiber Analytics Dashboards (score 3.5).
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions for communications service providers, enterprises, network equipment manufacturers, government and avionics. We help these customers harness the power of instruments, automation, intelligence and virtualization to Command the network. VIAVI is also a leader in light management solutions for 3D sensing, anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, and defense applications. Learn more about VIAVI at www.viavisolutions.com. Follow us on VIAVI Perspectives, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.