Toni Piwonka-Corle of Viavi Solutions Recognized as One of CRN’s 2016 Women of the Channel
We are extremely proud to announce that Toni Piwonka-Corle, Viavi’s Director of Global Channel Strategy and Programs, has been named by CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, to its prestigious 2016 Women of the Channel list. The women executives who make this annual list span the IT channel, representing vendors, distributors, solution providers and other organizations that figure prominently in the channel ecosystem. Each is recognized for her outstanding leadership, vision, and unique role in driving channel growth and innovation.
CRN editors select the Women of the Channel honorees on the basis of their professional accomplishments, demonstrated expertise and ongoing dedication to the IT channel. Here are some highlights of Toni’s accomplishments over the past year:
- Established and staffed Viavi’s first global Channels team and assumed ownership for channel and coverage strategy, global Channel Program, reseller contracts, partner pricing, partner communications, and channel operations.
- Mapped out Viavi’s channel ecosystem, drove increased channel investments and simplified channel the global coverage model, resulting in 12% YoY channel growth.
- Led the definition of scope, implementation and launch of new Viavi Velocity Partner Program in November 2015 which includes tiered pricing, MDF benefits, deal registration, formal Partner Recognition Program, annual joint business planning, and a new partner portal.
- Revitalized relationships with Elite partners and instituted quarterly business reviews and drove major back-end automation and IT infrastructure improvements in support of Velocity Program and the channel business.
- Implemented permanent solutions to multiple operational issues including channel pricing practices, standardized contract management, stocking policies, reporting, and partner communications.
- Led the team that designed, implemented and launched two-tier distribution model in North America.
Toni’s goals for Viavi’s channel business during the coming year include driving growth through improved co-marketing offerings, extending Viavi’s ecosystem of partners to different partner types, continuing to build out the Velocity Partner Program and supporting partners to become increasingly self-sufficient.
Viavi’s Vice President of Global Channels and CRN Channel Chief Sergio Bea said “Strengthening our channel relationships is a major focus for Viavi’s growth strategy. Toni’s strong voice, exemplary leadership and significant contributions have been key to getting Viavi’s channel program to where it is today.”
“These executives have made a lasting mark on our industry—growing and elevating partner programs, leading transitions to new business models and introducing cutting-edge go-to-market strategies, among other remarkable achievements.” said Robert Faletra, CEO, The Channel Company. “We congratulate all the 2016 Women of the Channel and celebrate their singular contributions to the advancement of the channel ecosystem.”
The 2016 Women of the Channel list will be featured in the June issue of CRN Magazine and online at www.CRN.com/wotc2016.